You can ask for a repeat prescription of regular medication before you run out in several ways:
- You can use the medication list from your last prescription. There is a place to put a tick on the items you need. You can post it in the prescription box on the wall next to the dispensary at Bentham Surgery or send it to us by post. You can also hand it to the receptionist at Ingleton Surgery.
- Repeat prescription direct ordering line (24Hrs) 015242 63618
- You can use our online service by clicking on the link at the top of this page.
What happens next?
For non-dispensing patients
- You can collect your repeat prescription forms from Bentham Surgery.
- We can deliver your repeat prescription forms to Bentham or Ingleton chemist for you to collect.
- We can post the repeat prescription forms back to you if you enclose a stamped addressed envelope with your request.
Automatic Repeat Prescriptions
This is a service that means you do not have to order your repeat prescription each month. Instead, we will automatically process it for you and send it to your local collection point or keep it at Bentham Surgery for you to collect in the usual way.
Before you use the service, we may need to bring your medication into line (this means they will all run out together), but Chris or Beryl, our dispensary managers will contact you if this needs to happen.
You will still have to order medication that you do not use on a regular basis such as creams, ointments, inhalers, liquid medicines, dressings or insulin in the usual way by phoning the repeat prescription line 015242 63618, using the online service or by dropping your repeat prescription slip into the surgery. If you let us know a week before your regular prescription items are due, we can send them all down together.
We will enclose a card with your medication each month, telling you the date when your next prescription will be ready to be collected and reminding you to order your “as needed” items.
If you live outside High Bentham, Ingleton, Caton and Brookhouse, we can dispense the medication to you directly. You can collect it from Bentham Surgery or we will deliver it for you to collect from one of several collection points in outlying villages. If you would like us to dispense to you please discuss it with a receptionist.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip. Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.